Online courses provide participants with opportunities for training without travel, no matter where they are globally. Designed for professionals who need flexibility in a demanding work schedule, AACRAO's online courses offer a convenient and affordable means of gaining the expertise needed for both managers and staff to excel in their work. Courses range from basic skills and knowledge in registrar, admissions, recruiting, and enrollment functions to courses that help participants build on their work experience to advance in their careers.
- Access to the course site is open throughout the course, and there is no requirement that participants be online at a particular time.
- In a typical four-week class format, participants have access to assigned readings and other instructional materials on the course site.
- The class is interactive. Each week, participants read assigned materials and respond to discussion questions about that week's topic.
- Participants and instructors interact through a "discussion forum"--a message center in the online classroom available 24/7.
- At any time during the week, students can respond to assignments, share ideas, and ask questions by typing their responses on the discussion forum.
- Through the discussion forum, instructors share their own expertise and can direct students to additional resources in response to participant questions.
- Participants completing all course activities earn a professional development certificate from AACRAO.
Answers to common questions about online learning and AACRAO courses.