AACRAO offers an array of resources and support for the international professional in higher education. Take a look at some of the membership benefits below that will help you navigate through international education topics.
How You Benefit
Qualifications: You must be at a postsecondary degree-granting institution outside the United States recognized by the Ministry of Education or appropriate ministry in your country and authorized to grant degrees.
- EDGE: The AACRAO Electronic Database for Global Education (EDGE) is a web-based resource for the evaluation of foreign educational credentials that now has over 230 country profiles of education systems from all over the world. EDGE can help international admissions professionals simplify the evaluation process and evaluate student's foreign credentials with confidence and ease.
- AACRAO International: AACRAO International offers training opportunities for International Admissions, including the Winter Institute for Transfer Credit, the Summer Institute for International Admissions, and on-Campus Training.
- Listservs: The AACRAO International Listserv enables AACRAO members interested in the various aspects of international education to share thoughts, ideas, and AACRAO events pertaining to this area of increasing importance. The listserv is used as a forum for exchanging information and ideas as well as the exciting things that AACRAO is doing in this valuable arena, and discourages advertising and marketing.
- Committees: Get involved in the activities and guidance AACRAO while enhancing your professional development by joining AACRAO Committees. Take a look at the International Education committees that most interest you, such as International Admissions, International Issues, International Publications Advisory Committee (IPAC), Study Abroad, and The International Evaluation Standards Council.
- Publications: The most recent publications added to AACRAO's growing list of International Education Publications are The AACRAO International Guide A Resource for International Professionals and SEM in Canada: Promoting Student and Institutional Success in Canadian Colleges and Universities. A complete list of country studies can also be found on our International Education Series page.
If your institution is already member and you would like to be added to the roster, apply here.
If you are interested in joining independently, apply here.